Hi Imesh,

I got a few questions on this.

If I have two carbon clusters (AS cluster and ESB cluster), will there be
two Stratos Composite Applications?
Also I see two different terms being used here (Carbon Cluster and Stratos
Cluster) What are the differences of them according to this model or are
they refer the same?
In the diagram, why we can have only one cartridge for Manager Group?
What is Non WKA Cartridge?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We had an initial team discussion on $subject for WSO2 PPaaS 4.1.0 M1 and
> this is how we thought we can model a Carbon cluster with Stratos Composite
> Application Model (CAM):
>

> *How it works:*
>
>    - There would be a Stratos application defined for each Carbon server.
>    - The startup dependencies would ask Stratos to start individual
>    elements in the application tree in the given order.
>    - Each cartridge would create a separate Stratos cluster (this is
>    different from service cluster) and manage its minimum and maximum number
>    of instances.
>    - Scaling would happen according to Stratos clusters.
>    - Each Stratos cluster would have a dedicated cluster host name and
>    load balancer will be configured to use one cluster hostname for the worker
>    cartridge group and another for the management cartridge group.
>    - Clustering configuration (cluster discovery) will be automated by
>    Stratos Cartridge Agent using an extension/plugin by using Metadata API
>    similar to an approach in [1]. We will send a separate mail on this with
>    details.
>
> *Features of This Model:*
>
>    - WKA member management is handled by CAM
>    - No need to implement logic in Stratos to handle it (in PPaaS 4.0.0
>    we had to customize Stratos to support this since CAM was not there).
>    - Control the number of Management and Worker nodes needed with
>    corresponding WKA and None WKA nodes using the Application definition.​
>

> [1] https://coreos.com/docs/cluster-management/setup/cluster-discovery/
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> *Imesh Gunaratne*