I think knowing the state if inbound/outbound disruptors is important at
the first look ( when trouble shooting).
Shall we make that 'INFO' level.

@IsuruP: Can we change matrics configs on the fly with out restarting the
servers ( e.g. enable debug level stats)
                and will there be lots of logs/data accumulated over time
with use of matrices library?
regards
Ramith

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Anuja Herath <an...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are going to add carbon metrics support for MB 3.0. After implementing,
> we will be able to identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks at different
> levels in MB easily. Following is the list of metrics that we are going to
> implement at initial stage.
>
> MetricLog LevelDescriptionMessages Received/secINFONumber of messages
> recieved per second. This metric is calculated when a message reaches
> server.Acknowledges Sent/secINFONumber of acknowledgments sent to
> publishers per second.Total ChannelsINFOTotal number of active
> channels.Messages
> Published/secINFONumber of message published per second. This metrics is
> calculated when server publishes a message to a subscriber.Acknowledges
> Received /secINFONumber of acknowledgments received from publishers per
> second.Total ConsumersINFOTotal number of active consumers.Database read
> latencyINFOAverage value of time taken for database read calls.Database
> write latencyINFOAverage value of time taken for database write calls.Total
> Messages in Inbound DisruptorDEBUGCurrent number of messages in inbound
> disruptor.Total Messages in Outbound DisruptorDEBUGCurrent number of
> messages in outbound disruptor.Database latencies (Method Level)DEBUGOperation
> wise latencies of database calls.Cluster Coordinator LatencyDEBUGLatency
> of cluster coordination
>
> --
> Anuja Herath
> *Software Engineer*