Hi Anuruddha,

Please find my suggestions in line.

Regards,
Dilhasha

Fathima Dilhasha Nazeer <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/dilhasha/>
(M.N.F.Dilhasha)
Undergraduate | Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Anuruddha Premalal <anurud...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fathima,
>
> Few questions.
>
> 1. What will be the command template for general and app specifics?

   My Idea of the command template is that both general and app specific
commands are treated the same way. I have added an attribute in the command
template named "validations". This validation will carry the list of pre
requirements for both type of commands. This way we don't differentiate app
specific commands and general commands during the invocation. WDYT of that
approach?

> 2. Are you going to treat both the command categories via the same
> CommandFactory?

Depending on my suggestion for 1, I am planning to use the same command
factory. IMO, using different command templates and command factories for
the two types of commands introduces some extra effort to recognize and
categorize commands as general and app specific. WDYT ?

> Suggestion.
>
> If the user executes app specific commands inside the app repository we
> can detect the app name by scanning the git remotes, that way users won't
> have to explicitly define the appname in the command. However we shouldn't
> limit appspecific command to be executed only within the app repo, 'cause
> there might be cases where users might need to trigger builds/ download
> logs even without the repo (considering a large repo) WDYT?

We can define the different variations of the same command (i.e. for app
specific commands- when run within app repo or by explicitly defining the
app name) as separate commands, but link their implementation to be the
same. WDYT?

> Regards,
> Anuruddha.
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Fathima Dilhasha <dilhasha....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the spreadsheet at [1]
>> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mq8wWlBjkDMmurfK7BZE3GvGlR2Fr8Gu7KcmahcKy2s/edit?usp=sharing>,
>> I have listed the requirements that need to be validated before each
>> command is executed.
>> Please update on any changes and corrections.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mq8wWlBjkDMmurfK7BZE3GvGlR2Fr8Gu7KcmahcKy2s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Regards,
>> Dilhasha
>>
>> Fathima Dilhasha Nazeer <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/dilhasha/>
>> (M.N.F.Dilhasha)
>> Undergraduate | Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>> University of Moratuwa
>> Sri Lanka
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Fathima Dilhasha <dilhasha....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have come up with a design for rule based command execution in the CLI
>>> tool. Please find the attached class diagram. The basic idea is to have
>>> several implementations for the Command, so that all the available commands
>>> can be maintained in the command Factory.
>>>
>>> Your feedback and suggestions on this rule based approach are highly
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,