+1
It would be great to simplify the options available for property lookup.  I
think this would increase the usability of our product.  I am also
concerned about customers migrating their existing xml code.

In order to gain performance by moving away from get-property, would
customers need to revise all their use of these mediators?  I support
deprecating the get-property from the UI wizard and Dev Studio, but it
would also be great to revise the get-property implementation for future
versions.  In other words, would it be possible to change the get-property
implementation so that proxies, APIs and sequences could be migrated
forward without change, and still use the more efficient scoped-style
efficient implementation?  This would prevent the registry performance hit,
and prevent the necessity for customers to modify all their xml code.

Thanks,
Colin Roy-Ehri
Software Engineer
*WSO2, Inc. : wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>*