Hi Malaka,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Malaka Silva <mal...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to add an inbound and connector to support file operations
> using NIO2.
>
> Current ESB file/vfs transport is based on polling. But with this approach
> we can register a watcher and process rather than polling.
>
> Also with this we can give the functionality to modify file attributes
> which is not possible with common-vfs.
>
> However this will only support local file systems. For other provides we
> may have to write similar components. eg:- for ftp [2]
>
> Let me know your feedback on this.
>
> Following are the methods planning to implement.
>
> search - Finds a file based on a file pattern.
> rename - Renames a file or folder.
> read - Reads content from a file.
> readdir - Read all the files in a directory
> move - Move a files or directory.
> isfileexist - Checks the existence of a file.
> delete - Deletes a file or directory.
> create - Creates a file or directory.
> copy - Copies a file.

Are we planing introduced the NIO2 file operations to the existing file
connector or is it comes as a separate connector?

If we introduce those to the same file connector,are we given the option
for the user to select either common vfs/ nio2 as per user requirement?

> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> [1]
> http://www.javaworld.com/article/2078654/java-se/java-se-five-ways-to-maximize-java-nio-and-nio-2.html
> [2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/javanioftp/
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Malaka Silva
> Senior Tech Lead
> M: +94 777 219 791
> Tel : 94 11 214 5345
> Fax :94 11 2145300
> Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
> LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77
> Blog : http://mrmalakasilva.blogspot.com/
>
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean . enterprise . middleware
> http://www.wso2.com/
> http://www.wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/
> <http://wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/>
>
> Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this
> email only if it is absolutely necessary.

Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)