Hi Rajith,

'Got a couple of questions on this.

*) How different would this be to Boxcarring in term of the design? I
presume the plan is to create the collated payload within the client itself
and not rely on the session management of the transport as much?

*) Semantically, is it any different to Boxcarring in it's usage at the
client?

*) What benefits would this feature have over Boxcarring (other than the
obvious) ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidura

On 10 September 2015 at 17:45, Rajith Vitharana <raji...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are going to implement a new feature which we can use instead of
> Boxcarring. The idea is to send multiple operation requests in a single
> request. So the final request will be as follows.
>
> <soapenv:Body>
>       <dat:request_box>
>          <dat:insert_first_operation>
>             <dat:col1>val21</dat:col1>
>             <dat:col2>val22</dat:col2>
>          </dat:insert_first_operation>
>          <dat:insert_second_operation>
>             <dat:col1>bal21</dat:col1>
>             <dat:col2>bal22</dat:col2>
>          </dat:insert_second_operation>
>       </dat:request_box>
>    </soapenv:Body>
>
> Then we will execute these operations in the order it is in the request
> and finally returns the response of last request. For this we are going to
> have a separate operation called "request_box". Since we can use this
> feature instead of Boxcarring, we are going to deprecate Boxcarring after
> introducing this feature. We are going to add a parameter to the data
> service to identify whether we support this multiple request operation or
> not. Appreciate any feedback about this.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Rajith Vitharana
>
> Software Engineer,