On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Jasintha Dasanayake <jasin...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Susinda Perera <susi...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sajith
>>
>> If you do further improvements, please target it on our new model. Hope
>> you aware about kernel+product plugins model. Analytics plugin is already
>> refactored to use with kernel. Please have a look at
>> developer-studio-product-plugins branch.
>>
>> https://github.com/wso2/developer-studio/tree/developer-studio-product-plugins/analytics
>>
>> Thanks
>> Susinda
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Nuwan Pallewela <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sajith,
>>>
>>> Have you tried to install the json editor plug-in in a eclipse with
>>> Developer studio? If it is working without any problem, I guess Developer
>>> Studio can pack it with Developer Studio Kernel so that other products also
>>> can get json editor support if they need.
>>>

> Developer studio kernel should only contain only set of core components
> which required for rapid plugin development and the common across carbon
> platform. However if this is a valuable feature for a  particular product
> then add this as a required feature when shipping the product . IMO It's
> better to educate users to install this by them self rather than pack
> inside the product  that is more aline with eclipse plugin distribution
> model.

Yes. It is not required to have json editor plug-in in Developer Studio
kernel. And from user perspective, I think it is better to add required
features with the product rather than ask user to install it by them self,
though it is not the eclipse distribution model. Because user will expect a
complete product with all required features.

Thanks,
/Nuwan