Hi all,

For the MSS alpha release, we used the HTTP Monitoring Dashboard used in
WSO2 AS product and we implemented an HTTP Monitoring Interceptor for MSS
[1].

However, with MSS we don't get all data required by the standard HTTP
Monitoring Dashboard. For example, in the Tomcat Valve for AS [2], we have
used the User-Agent header to get client details (Browser, OS & Device).
The Tomcat Request object has all other necessary details (Remote IP,
Locale etc)

In our interceptor [3], we use the Netty HTTP Request object and the Java
Reflection details to get details for the monitoring event.

Since these details are not enough for the HTTP Monitoring Dashboard, we
need to think of using an MSS specific dashboard.

WDYT?

With regarding to Metrics annotations, we have to create some gadgets in
DAS. We need to have a discussion on this.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

[1] https://github.com/wso2/product-mss/pull/31
[2]