Hi Natasha,

Giving you a small suggestion to port the documentation to Swagger [1] as
there are many advantages.

1. It is a well structured way of documenting APIs and it is used by many
organizations.

2. Users of your API can use the swagger doc to generate clients. There are
lots of tools that can do it for them including swagger-code-gen tool [2].
They supports many languages including HTML/javascript, Java.

3. Swagger doc can be used to generate server code
skeleton. swagger-code-gen [2] includes that capability also. We used a
customized version of it which is swagger2cxf-maven-plugin [3] to generate
CXF server code when we were implementing the new REST API for API Manager.

4. Swagger doc can be used to generate HTML documentation too. Please note
we are still in the process of doing it. Have a look at below links they
are completely auto generated from Swagger docs, (Please ignore some
characters like \n and * they should be corrected from the code generator.
:) And we are yet to do some beatifications etc )

http://apidocs.wso2.com/rest/apim/store/v1/docs
http://apidocs.wso2.com/rest/apim/publisher/v1/docs

Please have a look at [4] and [5], what we have written for the REST API
which might help you. You can use [6] as a tool for documenting. You might
also have seen before an example of swagger-ui [7] which users can directly
use the Swagger doc to invoke the API.

Thanks,
Malintha

[1] http://swagger.io/specification/
[2] https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-codegen
[3] https://github.com/hevayo/swagger2cxf-maven-plugin
[4]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/release-1.10.x/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.rest.api.store/src/main/resources/store-api.yaml
[5]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/release-1.10.x/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.rest.api.publisher/src/main/resources/publisher-api.yaml
[6] http://editor.swagger.io/
[7] http://petstore.swagger.io

<http://petstore.swagger.io/>--
Malintha Amarasinghe
Software Engineer
*WSO2, Inc. - lean | enterprise | middleware*
http://wso2.com/

Mobile : +94 712383306