> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Nathasha Naranpanawa <natha...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>    - Adding a custom Valve to the tomcat server in order to collect
>>>    data from the server.
>>>
>>> Can you please explain more details about this valve?

   - What would be the approach taken to publish data in asynchronous mode?
   - How do we plan to share data between the thread that accept the
   request and the thread that publish statistics?
   - How would that scale/affect if the incoming requests grow?
   - How would this valve would handle if DAS is not reachable?

Thanks

>>>    - Creating necessary CApp packages in order to define means of
>>>    publishing data from tomcat server to DAS, receiving and storing the
>>> data.
>>>
>>> The custom tomcat Valve behaves as an Event Publisher and publishes data
>>> to DAS through Thrift data agent. For each request from the server, an
>>> Event is created including metadata and payload data and is published to
>>> the DAS by a DataPublisher.
>>>
>>> A CApp was created by including the definitions for an Event Stream,
>>> Event Receiver and Event Store to receive data from the publisher valve and
>>> store them. This is deployed in the
>>> wso2das-3.0.0/repository/deployment/server/carbonapps folder.
>>>
>>> A Spark script is also added to the CApp in order to query the data
>>> received by DAS. The script presents a summary of the requests received by
>>> DAS per minute. The summary includes the following information;
>>>
>>>    - average request count
>>>    - average response time
>>>    - HTTP request success count
>>>    - HTTP request error count
>>>
>>> Any suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> --
>>> Nathasha Naranpanawa
>>> Software Engineering Intern