Hi,

In JMS perspective we can use a topic.
But if we use a topic message is only delivered to subscribers listening at
that moment only.

Say we have N1, N2 and N3 nodes.

N1, N2 is up when the artifact is deployed to N1, thus N2 is a subscriber.
It gets the artifact.
Now N3 joins the cluster. In such a situation N3 will not get the JMS
message so it cannot get any already deployed artifacts.

Are we planning to keep all artifacts in a central DB and use JMS for
notifications only, or are we going to send the whole artifact through the
broker?

Thanks

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Aruna Karunarathna <ar...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM, KasunG Gajasinghe <kas...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Given several issues we discovered with automatic artifact
>> synchronization with DepSync in C4, we have discussed how to approach this
>> problem in C5.
>>
>> We are thinking of not doing the automated artifact synchronization in
>> C5. Rather, users should use their own mechanism to synchronize the
>> artifacts across a cluster. Common approaches are RSync as a cron job and
>> shell scripts.
>

> Which indicates that we only provide status notification mechanism, and
> it's users responsibility to deal with failed deployment artifacts?
>

>> But, it is vital to know the artifact deployment status of the nodes in
>> the entire cluster from a central place. For that, we are providing this
>> deployment coordination feature. There will be two ways to use this.
>>
>> 1. JMS based publishing - the deployment status will be published by each
>> node to a jms topic/queue
>>
>> 2. Log based publishing - publish the logs by using a syslog appender [1]
>> or our own custom appender to a central location.
>>
>> The log publishing may not be limited to just the deployment
>> coordination. In a containerized deployment, the carbon products will run
>> in disposable containers. But sometimes, the logs need to be backed up for
>> later reference. This will help with that.
>>
>> Any thoughts on this matter?
>>
>> [1]
>> https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#SyslogAppender
>>
>> Thanks,
>> KasunG
>>

>> --
>> ~~--~~
>> Sending this mail via my phone. Do excuse any typo or short replies

> *Aruna Sujith Karunarathna *
> WSO2, Inc | lean. enterprise. middleware.
> #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
> Mobile: +94 71 9040362 | Work: +94 112145345
> Email: ar...@wso2.com | Web: www.wso2.com

*Hasitha Abeykoon*
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
*cell:* *+94 719363063*