+1 for Catalog app. It was much needed app for AppM/EMM for long time.
Currently we do not collect app meta data from uploaded apps. We need to
have that functionalities in AppM too.

For SSO in Android, can we look in to Android Account Manager[1]. I wonder
whether we have this functionality to connect to our IS.

[1] -
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/accounts/AccountManager.html

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Kasun Dananjaya Delgolla <kas...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have started implementing the $subject. Initially I'm working on simple
> UIs to the following features,
>
>    - Login screen (this can be bypassed if the user is using EMM)
>    - App listing (catalog  UI)
>    - App detailed view
>
> As I have discussed with Dinusha, this app will be implemented in a way
> that a user can use it standalone with just having AppM and also
> integrating with WSO2 EMM (Using android agent as SSO). APPM team will be
> providing APIs for the following,
>
>    - Retrieving app metadata list for a particular user + device type
>    - Retrieving app update information (updated apps with the latest
>    version would do)
>    - Installation + Uninstallation + Update APIs
>
> Adding @Sumedha.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Dinusha Senanayaka <dinu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kasun,
>>
>> On 11 Mar 2016 12:44, "Kasun Dananjaya Delgolla" <kas...@wso2.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > $subject is required for mobile devices because we need to give end
>> user the possibility of exploring the apps in the respective enterprise
>> store and get permitted apps installed on his/her device. To achieve this,
>> we thought of developing a catalog app (ex: play store app on Android). We
>> initiate this from Android platform. Given below is the basic diagram to
>> explain how it works.
>> >

>> > ​
>> > Flow :
>> >
>> > 1. App catalog app will let the user login either by enabling SSO with
>> the agent app or enabling a separate login.
>> > 2. App catalog application will communicate with the android agent app
>> (or it can communicate directly with an APPM API to get the permitted app
>> list to the device with the required meta data.
>> > 3. Once a user click on an app and selects to install/update, catalog
>> app sends a request to the agent app (via a secured AIDL interface or an
>> Intent Service).
>> > 4. Agent app then, performs the requested task by using its already
>> existing application manager API.
>> >
>> > For this, we require an API to list all the apps permitted to install
>> to a particular user from APPM. Please do let me know the feedback on this.
>> >
>> > @Dinusha - Do let me know the possibility of providing the above
>> mentioned API.
>>
>> +1 for having catalog app. Yes, we could provide this API. Currenly we
>> have secured AppM APIs with basic auth or the auth cookie. If the catalog
>> app is authenticated user with SSO, it won't be a problem on calling to
>> this API with the cookie.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dinusha.
>>

>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Kasun Dananjaya Delgolla
>> >
>> > Software Engineer
>> > WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> [...]

Chatura Dilan Perera
*Senior Software Engineer** - WSO2 Inc.*
www.dilan.me