Hi Ramith,

+1. This minimum number of nodes is what you called a Quorum_
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_(distributed_computing).

We can support a 2 nodes mode where we do not support partition tolerance.
However, IMO that is a bad idea as most users would not understand/ look at
the details and run in to trouble.

--Srinath