On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Suho,
>
> In Metrics, I have written the DAS Reporter using the data publisher. Do
> you think I should change the implementation to use an HTTP client?

We don't need to change from Thrift to HTTP, rather we need to have an
intermediate (high-level) layer which does not depend on underneath
transport protocol and relevant transport can be configured using a config
file (Like we have stream terminology for CEP publisher) .

> We also need to release Metrics soon. So, if we are going to change the
> implementation, we need to decide soon. However I think it'll have an
> impact on the release schedule for Metrics.
>
> In Metrics, the DAS reporter is used to store the historical metrics data
> in DAS. The reporter will send events periodically (1 minute, by default).
> So, do you think we will encounter any issue with current Data Publisher.

Theoretically, I don't think there are any issues but we need tryout..

> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan <s...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Are we going to use data bridge in C5 ?
>> C5 have Netty based transports, cant we use one of them to publish events
>> to DAS, since DAS have the capability to receiving from any transport
>> protocol via extensions this will not be a problem.
>>
>> In my opinion we should not be depending on data publisher as it have
>> several issues like events can get out of ordered, dropped and its not
>> reliable. We should have a publishing framework which is independent of the
>> transport, so users can pic Thrift, HTTP or AMQP based on their use cases.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Suho
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <
>> kishant...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A separate point to note.
>>>
>>> Thinking along the AS 6.0 and C5 aspect, what we need is a library,
>>> where we could use that in both OSGi env and non-OSGi environments. It
>>> should not have any direct dependency on carbon API's. Currently, with AS
>>> 6.0, we are using the data publisher from C4 without any code changes and
>>> removing unwanted dependencies. If we planning to write this again, we
>>> should come up with the minimum library that could be used in a OSGi and
>>> non-OSGi env.

>>> *Kishanthan Thangarajah*
>>> Technical Lead,
>>> Platform Technologies Team,
>>> WSO2, Inc.
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> Mobile - +94773426635
>>> Blog - *http://kishanthan.wordpress.com
>>> <http://kishanthan.wordpress.com>*
>>> Twitter - *http://twitter.com/kishanthan
>>> <http://twitter.com/kishanthan>*

>> *S. Suhothayan*
>> Technical Lead & Team Lead of WSO2 Complex Event Processor
>> *WSO2 Inc. *http://wso2.com
>> * <http://wso2.com/>*
>> lean . enterprise . middleware
>>

>> *cell: (+94) 779 756 757 <%28%2B94%29%20779%20756%20757> | blog:
>> http://suhothayan.blogspot.com/ <http://suhothayan.blogspot.com/>twitter:
>> http://twitter.com/suhothayan <http://twitter.com/suhothayan> | linked-in:
>> http://lk.linkedin.com/in/suhothayan <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/suhothayan>*

> Isuru Perera