Hi All,

Isn't it confusing to maintain two analytics repos with both having common
analytics stuff?

And even if there is a valid reason to do this, still it seems that the
repo names are confusing since both (shared-analytics and
carbon-analytics-common) sound the same. Isn't that so?

@dunith, +1 to your suggestion.

Regards,
Dilan.

On Friday, June 10, 2016, Tharik Kanaka <tha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> @Damith
> These are common libs for portal wizard which is common for analytics
> products (analytics-is, analytics-esb, analytics-apim and etc), product-das
> and product-cep. shared-analytics repository was created for analytics
> products, product-das and product-cep does not have dependencies.
>
> @Dunith and others
> On the other hand keeping these in carbon-analytics-common could cause
> maintenance difficulties. For an instance if there is a bug in one of chart
> wizard view, we need to fix it carbon-analytics-common and release that and
> then need to release all the repositories depending on
> carbon-analytics-common. This can be resolved if we keep these in some repo
> like shared-analytics and include those features in the products-cep and
> product-das. Again then we need reconsider about the name
> "shared-analytics" as it has become a common repository for products-cep
> and product-das as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Damith Wickramasinghe <dami...@wso2.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dami...@wso2.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dunith,
>>
>> +1 . isn't these should go shared-analytics repository since we are using
>> it to hold all common artifacts used in analytics effort.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Damith.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Dunith Dhanushka <dun...@wso2.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dun...@wso2.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Gadgets developed for analytics products (E.g ESB, IS,MB, IoTs etc)
>>> depend on JS libraries which are currently been referred from multiple
>>> locations.
>>>
>>> For instance
>>>
>>> 1. JS utilities common to all gadgets like wso2gadgets.js and
>>> chart-utils.js (Currently referred from /portal/libs/common-chart-libs)
>>> 2. JS libraries used by chart template authors (related to gadget
>>> wizard). E.g VizGrammar, Vega etc (Currently referred from gadget level js

--
*Dilan U. Ariyaratne*
Senior Software Engineer