Hi Sachith,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Sachith Withana <sach...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Agreed Sinthuja.
>
> But what about for a smaller window size (5/10/15 mins)?

Even in this case, I would suggest to persist the result. It makes more
sense to have the realtime analytics when you want to see seconds wise or
less than a minute analysis, and rest of the use cases we need to persist.
And you could persist the data in RDBMS such that when you get a new event,
you update the old value, therefore data doesn't grow. Ie, if you want to
maintain every minute wise analysis data, you would end up storing
60*24=1440 records. Furthermore, as you are just going to insert one event
per a minute, I don't think it will add any performance implication as well.

> The reason why I bought up this issue is, in my case, I use several real
> time gadgets.
> And at the startup, they are all empty for that user until the data gets
> pushed in.

Yeah, I understand. :) As CEP is in memory engine, if we want to handle
this situation smoothly even after server crashed, etc IMO we need to
handle this as above described.

Thanks,
Sinthuja.