Hi All,

I have planned to improve the current implementation of external time batch
window, to allow accepting first event's time as start time, when
specifying a timeout.

In the current implementation, the 3rd parameter allows user to provide a
user defined start time (whereas the default is to use first event's time
as start time). This value is required to be a constant. The 4th parameter
is reserved for specifying a timeout, which is valuable in an instance
where output needs to be given if events don't arrive for some time.
However, this implementation disallows a user to use the default start time
(first event's start time) and timeout together.

Therefore, I intend to change the implementation such that user can either
provide a variable or a constant as 3rd parameter. This enables the
external time field to be given as 3rd parameter, from which Siddhi can
retrieve 1st event's time to be used as start time. Alternatively, a
constant value could be given if user defined start time is required.

Suggestions and comments are most welcome.

Thank you
Charini

--
Charini Vimansha Nanayakkara