Hi Chamila,

A very good proposal! I think this would be really useful to reduce the
time it takes to verify a functionality after doing a configuration change.
More importantly the automation tests should be able to reuse this feature
for executing the basic tests.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be a good feature to allow a --test flag in wso2server.sh which
> doesn't start the server but accomplishes the following tasks.

​May be "--verify" would be more meaningful?​

>    1. Validate all configuration files with respect to component
>    functionality
>
> ​May be each component can introduce a new set of classes to verify its
configuration (might not be mandatory for all the components).​

>    1. Validate if dependency libs are present
>
> Do you have any thoughts on how to implement this? I think at runtime we
may need to read OSGi bundle information to get the dependency information.​

>    1. Provide a valid return code for success (0) or failure (more than 0)
>    2. Does not cause any side effects (DB creation/modification, log
>    generation etc)
>
> ​May be a new log file can be introduced for this?

Thanks

--
*Imesh Gunaratne*
Software Architect