On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:01 AM, Pumudu Ruhunage <pum...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's better to do image/video pre-processing before extracting any usable
> information from images/videos. Reducing the amount of unnecessary
> information in a given image/video is a vital part

There is another catch, Video-cameras are capable of capturing more than
15Frame/Second and you do not need pre-process whole 15 frames. So sampling
rate has another big performance impact on this.

> when it comes to increasing final accuracy. (ex : grayscale transformation/
> image restoration etc.)
>
> Another important section to explore is which algorithm to use in order to
> detect shapes/features. For example, number detection program should detect
> edges, and image processing techniques used[1][2][3] should enhance edges
> in a given image to make it easy to extract these features. Often accuracy
> of  these algorithms depend on image noise level, brightness level etc.
> Therefore, we might need evaluate the accuracy of different algorithms for
> different types of images as well.
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prewitt_operator
> [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canny_edge_detector
> [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobel_operator
>

> Thanks,
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Anusha can you send notes about what we did so far to this thread.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Attached document list some of the initial ideas about the topic. Anusha
>>> is exploring some of the ideas as an intern project.
>>>
>>> Please comment and help ( specially if you have worked on this area or
>>> has tried out things)
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Srinath
>>>
>>> --
>>> ============================
>>> Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
>>>    http://people.apache.org/~hemapani/
>>>    http://srinathsview.blogspot.com/

> Pumudu Ruhunage
> Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
> M: +94 779 664493  | http://wso2.com
> <https://wso2.com/signature>

Vanjikumaran Sivajothy
*Associate Technical Lead*
*WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>*
 *+1-925-464-6816*
[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/vanjikumaran> [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/vanjikumaran> [image: LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vanjikumaran-sivajothy/25/b31/293> [image:
Blogger] <http://vanjikumaran.blogspot.com/> [image: SlideShare]
<http://www.slideshare.net/vanjikumaran>

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print,
copy, re-transmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained
in this communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions