@Imesh: Thanks for pointing this. I checked the link you shared.
The files you pointed are for configuring a product for a particular
deployment. That is why its only a subset of all files are changed. For a
product to operate there are a lot more configurations that are not needed
to change depending on the environment all the time.
one example is, <EnableGatewayKeyCache>true</EnableGatewayKeyCache>, it is
not present in [1]. The reason is by default it is 'true' and not needed to
change unless there is an extreme case. That is why that configuration
present in the api-manager.xml file but not in gateway-worker.yaml.

This is just one example there are a lot more configurations like that,
that way we would end up in the requirement of merging all ~30 file, isn't
it?

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/puppet-modules/blob/master/hieradata/dev/wso2/wso2am/1.10.0/kubernetes/gateway-worker.yaml

Thanks,