On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Jayanga Dissanayake <jaya...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Niranjan,
>
> You are correct, by the time a feature is developed, it is not defined, to
> which profiles this feature goes into. And the profiles are defined at the
> product level. (as per the C4)
>
> Above (directory structure) is the proposed structure for the new
> distributions. We have not yet finalized with the P2 related stuff and the
> process on how to build a pack with above-mentioned requirements is still
> in discussion.

For the provisioning story, we can look at the OBR - OSGi Bundle Repository
(felix has an implementation for this) as we don't see an absolute
requirement for P2 now. We do not need a separate repo to host
bundles/features. The maven repo itself can be used as the OBR repo. And we
only need this at product build time.

Will update the thread once we finalize the process.

> Thanks,
> Jayanga.
>
> *Jayanga Dissanayake*
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/
> lean . enterprise . middleware
> email: jaya...@wso2.com
> mobile: +94772207259
> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Niranjan Karunanandham <niran...@wso2.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Jayanga,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Jayanga Dissanayake <jaya...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yesterday we had a meeting to discuss about the IS distribution and
>>> followings are the changes/improvements that are needed to be provided by
>>> the kernel.
>>>
>>>    - Server “conf” and “deployment” directory locations should be
>>>    configurable
>>>    - Refer [1] potential directory structure for IS. It will have top
>>>    level directories for each profile in which we put profile specific,
>>> config
>>>    files and startup scrips. There will be one place "osgi/plugins" in which
>>>    we place all the bundles needed for a product. And we use profiles to
>>>    control which bundles get loaded for each profile
>>>
>>> The location where the configuration files need to be copied is defined
>> at the p2.inf of the feature. Therefore if the top level folder say "mb" is
>> considered as the profile in which case the at the time of creating a
>> feature is the profile defined, i.e., each feature will define in which
>> profile it will belong to or the current p2 profile generation is followed
>> and via assembly plugin (bin.xml), this change is done?
>>

>>>    - Deployer should be able to deploy the artifacts in the configured
>>>    directory this is the default behaviour. And it should be able to
>>> specify a
>>>    set of artifacts via parameters and get only those artifacts deployed
>>>    - Check how long does it take to load/initialize the Log4j and
>>>    evaluate the possibility of utilizing JUL or something better.
>>>    - There is a requirement to support remote configuration repo and
>>>    handle dynamic configuration changes. The plan is to use ETCD repository.
>>>    - Analyse kernel memory dump and see what are the unwanted
>>>    things/classes that are loaded and try to optimize.
>>>    - Run Java Dependency Analyser (jdeps) tool and identify the minimal
>>>    dependency set that is needed for the kernel/product to run

> [...]

*Kishanthan Thangarajah*
Technical Lead,
Platform Technologies Team,
WSO2, Inc.