@Dilan,
The idea here is that things like the transports adapters and the
appm-connector are modular plugins that are just complementing the CDMF
which is s framework. The framework does not necessarily need these to
function and perform its core tasks. Hence these should evolve/get added
independently from the framework. Furthermore given that, once the core
matures, releases of these extensions will be more frequent than changes to
the core, hence all the more need for this to be managed separately. We may
later even need to make a separate repository out of these extensions, as
one can also argue that such extensions do not belong in the device-type
repo.

@Chathura,
As of this moment, we do not promote dynamic deployment of device types.
But yes, you are right we will have to think about this at some point down
the line when we support same.

Thanks and Regards,

Ruwan Yatawara

Associate Technical Lead,