I feel that, having a configuration file for authentication / authorization
gives us more control over selecting the authentication mechanisms.

In current IS, it uses is a rest-auth framework [1] which looks for a
configuration file to see whether a certain resource is protected or not.

I think we can add an optional field for the authenticator (mutual SSL) for
a resource, so that authenticator will be used rather than going trough the
registered authenticator chain.

[1] - https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-carbon-auth-rest

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Bhathiya Jayasekara <bhath...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to add another related concern here. There can be internal APIs
>> (server to server) which may not be exposed to the outside. For example,
>> context loading and subscription loading APIs between API Gateway and API
>> Core. For them, I don't think we need OAuth or any kind of authorization
>> mechanism because it simply needs some kind of authentication mechanism
>> only. I believe we can use mutual SSL for this. But since these APIs are
>> msf4j services, we will need per-service mutual SSL support from msf4j.
>>

> Yes, that makes sense. I don't think we should categorize those as product
> APIs since they're meant for internal components of the product to
> communicate with each other.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Bhathiya
>>

> --
> Nuwan Dias
>
> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
> email : nuw...@wso2.com
> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>

*Best Regards*

*Rushmin Fernando*
*Technical Lead*

WSO2 Inc. <http://wso2.com/> - Lean . Enterprise . Middleware