HI Pubudu,

1. Who will be responsible for creating these labels? I guess, it should be
created from Admin Portal and those labels should be propagated to store,
publisher, gateway.

2. How do you restrict the users invoking from different gateway
environments? Allowing to invoke from provided gateway environment. We
can't validate from Key Manager since Key Manager can be anything which
adheres OAuth 2 spec. They don't need to know anything related labels.

3. How do you map users to labels? Who will map the users? If an admin does
this, on which basis labels will be assigned to users?

4. We can't let the users create label because it reflects the internal
gateway deployment pattern.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Ishara Cooray <isha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Pubudu,
>
> What will be the behavior when an api is updated
>
>    1. From API publisher UI
>    2. From the api artifact itself(if it is allowed).
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Ishara Cooray
> Senior Software Engineer
> Mobile : +9477 262 9512 <+94%2077%20262%209512>
> WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matteo,
>>
>> To give you some context, this model is suggested for API Manager version
>> 3.0.0 which will be on a new Carbon platform version, version 5. Its
>> literarily a rewrite of the current API Manager product and hence we're
>> rethinking and redesigning all features.
>>
>> What we're trying to achieve here is to give the ability for APIs to be
>> deployed in separate zones. i.e. Internally accessible vs publicly
>> accessible. How we supported this earlier was by making the API Publisher
>> push APIs to Gateways in different zones when the APIs were being
>> published. But deploying APIs in the API Publishing process had its own set
>> of problems such as
>>
>> 1. When it was required to publish to many Gateway, the publishing
>> process consumed a lot of time.
>> 2. If the API deployment failed partially, we had to record the failures
>> while still changing the state of the API. The API publishers had to later
>> republish.
>> 3. If a new zone is added later, the API publishers had to republish the
>> APIs to the new zone.
>>
>> Most of these problems stemmed from the fact that we were using a "Push"
>> model of APIs instead of a "Pull". The model suggested for API Manager
>> 3.0.0 is a "Pull" model by which we try to achieve a lot of dynamicity and
>> make the API Publishing process more robust at the same time.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NuwanD.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Matteo Bordin <matteo.bor...@profesia.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> why does not it be possible to use the feature “Environment”?
>>> I mean the configuration into the api-manager.xml file
>>> “<APIGateway>
>>>         <!-- The environments to which an API will be published -->
>>>         <Environments>
>>>             <!-- Environments can be of different types. Allowed values
>>> are 'hybrid', 'production' and 'sandbox'.
>>>                  An API deployed on a 'production' type gateway will
>>> only support production keys
>>>                  An API deployed on a 'sandbox' type gateway will only
>>> support sandbox keys
>>>                  An API deployed on a 'hybrid' type gateway will support
>>> both production and sandbox keys. -->
>>>             <!-- api-console element specifies whether the environment
>>> should be listed in API Console or not -->
>>>             <Environment type="hybrid" api-console="true">
>>>                 <Name>Production and Sandbox</Name>
>>>                 <Description>This is a hybrid gateway that handles both
> [...]

Thanks
Abimaran Kugathasan
Senior Software Engineer - API Technologies

Email : abima...@wso2.com
Mobile : +94 773922820

<http://stackoverflow.com/users/515034>
<http://lk.linkedin.com/in/abimaran>  <http://www.lkabimaran.blogspot.com/>