On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pubu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Based on the recent queries we got, users try to bring the tenancy model
>> for managing APIs. For an example there can be two developers who create
>> APIs for two departments such as marketing and engineering. Basic idea is
>> that those APIs are only visible for particular group in store which we can
>> achieve. On the other hand same thing is expected in publisher side as well.
>>

> I think we can achieve what you mention easy with permission model what
> described in this thread.

 but Lakmal, lets say we have a scenario where API development can be given
to multiple departments. so , lets say engineering, finance and marketing
develops API's. This aforementioned permission model applies to the
permissions among that group, and if you need to share the API with other
groups right? So what if I am in engineering (lets say in a bank, I am
creating an API to get account details. I do not need to expose API
implementation specific details to anyone outside of my department), I do
not want to expose my API details in the publisher to other departments but
want them to be able to consume the API for their applications? this sort
of requirement can we fulfill using this permission model?

>> Only concern I see here is whether we support this kind of a separation
>> in APIM 3.0.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM Roshan Wijesena <ros...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:48 AM, Uvindra Dias Jayasinha <
>>> uvin...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How can we support this by only sticking to the new permission model? We
>>> need to make the API visible in the store side but hide it on the publisher
>>> side(other publisher users).
>>>

>>> As I understood, your requirement is to hide an API from other
>>> developers in publisher but in the store that should be visible to everyone
>>> is it? In that case, if other publishers log into the store they still can
>>> see other APIs no?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Roshan Wijesena.
>>> Senior Software Engineer-WSO2 Inc.
>>> Mobile: *+94719154640 <+94%2071%20915%204640>*
>>> Email: ros...@wso2.com
>>> *WSO2, Inc. :** wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>*
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware.

>> *Pubudu Gunatilaka*
>> Committer and PMC Member - Apache Stratos
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
>> mobile : +94774078049

> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692 <+94%2071%20428%209692>
> Blogs : https://medium.com/@lakwarus/
>             http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Thanks and Regards
*,Shani Ranasinghe*
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile: +94 77 2273555 <+94%2077%20227%203555>
Blog: http://waysandmeans.blogspot.com/
linked in: lk.linkedin.com/pub/shani-ranasinghe/34/111/ab