On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Nuwandi Wickramasinghe <nuwan...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are in the process of implementing User List view in the Admin Portal
> for the new IS 6.0.0 release. The wireframe design for the UI is found at
> [1].
>
> Admin can view a list of users and perform actions such as Delete, Edit
> and request to Reset Password. Also admin can select multiple users and
> chose to Delete, Disable or Activate. There will be an option to filter the
> list according to the user attributes.
>
> I am planning to add an admin profile in profile-mapping.yaml file where
> an admin can define what user attributes to be shown in the list.
>
> According to the wireframe ([1]), we have to give the flexibility to show
> Groups and Roles of the users. ATM we do not have claim definitions for
> Groups and Roles. Therefore we won't be able to handle them with an
> attribute profile. As per the offline chat with Johann we might define
> Claim URIs for Groups and Roles in future since there will be other use
> cases where we need to treat them as user attributes (eg. SAML attribute
> profile). Also loading all the Roles and Groups for each user in the list
> will highly effect the initial loading time. May be we can filter out to
> maximum number (say 3) of records and request all if one wants to see more
> roles/groups.

For a list view, we can always limit what we are showing per row to the
most essential. It's not required to fetch and show all the data, for ex:
in here, we can omit showing roles / groups and focus on other primary data
suitable for an overview of the user. And from the list view, when someone
wants to get into a more detailed look of a user, we can always direct him
for that using a link to a separate, detailed page view of a user.