Hi All,

Why should we allow multiple OTPs for a particular user at a given time ?
> Cannot we keep only one valid OTP for a user at a given time and override
> it at the point of creating a new one ?

+1. Lets keep only one valid OTP.

How do you plan to access the content in this table from the authentication
> flow.
>
> What I wanted to point is, this OTP is another credential for the user. So
> we should store in a "credential store" which is introduced with new user
> core.

It's clear this can be use only one time but  what is the scope of this OTP
> ? is this can only be used to login to user-portal or can this OTP use in
> any other purposes ( an example, say login to generate SAML token in a SSO
> story)

Actually in this implementation we have not considered this as a password.
Though we used the word OTP it is kind of a code. By using this code the
user can create a new password but can not login to any portal or can not
perform any task of IS. So this is not actually a credential for the user.

In some cases identity admin need to set validity period on OTP so IMO we
> need to support time based validity.
>

> I too have the same concern. What is the idea behind allowing multiple
> OTPs at any point of time? Isn't the usual practice to keep only the latest
> OTP active?

+1. Lets add a time based validity period.

Thanks,

Hasanthi Dissanayake

Software Engineer | WSO2

E: hasan...@wso2.com