On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pubu...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Manoj Gunawardena <man...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Are we going to use durable subscription here? When ever gw node down
>>> and re start,
>>> it should fetch messages which add to the topic during the down time.
>>> In case durable subscription what is the mechanism to create client id
>>> for each gw.Is that discussed and confirm?
>>>

>> No, we are not going to use durable topic. New gateways (scaling) or if
>> we restart a gateway, existing APIs will fetch via API Manager core. Only
>> new API (after boot up) notifications are getting via the topic and actual
>> API will fetch from the core. ( we can try what sanjeewa mention - getting
>> API from the topic - but previous APIs need to fetch from the core)
>>

> When we restart a gateway node, it would be better to fetch only the
> updated APIs as well as the new APIs. Restarted gateway has the already
> fetched APIs and it is not worth to fetch all the APIs again. We will have
> to use durable subscription for this.

How often can gateway restart happen? In container wold no restarts but
destroy and re-create.

> If we consider the container scenario, are we persisting gateway
> artifacts? If we are not persisting gateway artifacts and restart the
> gateway container, then we need to fetch all the APIs from the core. IMHO
> it would better to persist data and load that data at restart as it would
> take time to fetch all the APIs from the core.

IMO persisting give lots of management overheads. Better not to persist
anything in the gateway. At the moment we thought not to write ballerina
artifacts (apis) to disk, fetch it from the core and keep it in memory and
pass to ballerina service apis to create services.

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Mobile : +94714289692