The provided workarounds for blocking an api is fine with respect to
developer p.o.v
But is it providing the proper end user experience?

End user(who is invoking the api) will not see the correct error message
unless it has sent a customized error messages for this blocking scenario.
Will not this introduce  more work for developer?

It will be only a single click for developer to make an api 'Blocked' if it
has the life cycle state and end user will also receive correct message.

So UX p.o.v i think having Blocked state is better.

wdyt?

Thanks & Regards,
Ishara Cooray
Senior Software Engineer