Hi All,

   In APIM 3.0, we plan to have a feature for enabling Read, Update, Delete
permissions for an API based on roles in API Publisher. For user validation
purposes, we need to retrieve the list of roles for the loggedin user. This
role list is retrieved using the user's SCIM Id. But since the admin user
by default does not have an ID as per [1] and is not regarded as a SCIM
user, we wont be able to retrieve the list of roles for the admin.

   There are two possible options for making this work.

   *Option 1: *Either from APIM 3.0 side we should make a call to the SCIM
endpoint and update the admin user to have a SCIM ID as in [1], preferably
during startup or
  * Option 2: *We can make the admin user have an Id by default from SCIM
Implementation in IS.

   If we go with Option 1, it amounts to an additional call to the SCIM
endpoint to update the user and a question arises as to where we should be
updating it. The SCIM Id for the admin user is needed only in this scenario
for retrieving roles currently, hence updating the admin user during
startup is questionable.

   IMO Option 2 is preferrable because it will not result in an additional
update as in Option 1 above.

   WDYT?

   Will there be any plans to include this capability in IS 5.4.0?

   [1] [Dev] [IS] Admin/Tenant Admin Users cannot be filtered to get the
SCIM ID

Thanks,
Tharika.

--