Hi all,

With new global configuration model discussed in mail thread[1], we are
generating configuration files(for documentation purposes) automatically at
compile time by reading annotations and default values in config bean
classes. And those configuration files are packed in features under
config-docs directory like below(e.g).

├── features
>     └── org.wso2.carbon.kernel_5.2.0.SNAPSHOT
> *       ├── config-docs*
> *           └── wso2.carbon.yaml*
> └── plugins
>     └── org.wso2.carbon.core-5.2.0.SNAPSHOT.jar

Since those configuration files are only for documentation purposes, We are
not shipping them with product distribution. Currently those configuration
files are inside feature jar files and in order to read relevant
configuration file, we need to extract the jar file.

In order solve this issue, we thought of collecting configuration docs in
all features when packaging product distribution using maven plugin. Maven
plugin will go through all features inside p2-repo
directory(distribution/target/p2-repo/features directory) and copy
configuration docs in each feature to one location like below
(distribution/target/config-docs)

├── distribution
     ├── target

*         ├── config-docs                 ├── secure-vault.yaml
     └── wso2.carbon.yaml*
         └── wso2carbon-kernel-5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

So when generating product distribution, we automatically get all
configuration files used in the product. This will also help when creating
product document.

Appreciate your input on this.

1.
http://wso2-oxygen-tank.10903.n7.nabble.com/Carbon-C5-Server-Configuration-Model-td144549.html