Hi Ishara,

Thanks for the info.

So basically we can consider scope name as unique so we can use the same to
represent the scope ID as well.

@Sanjeewa, +1 to use scope name for below resources:

GET|PUT|DELETE  /scopes/{name}

Regarding permissions, I think can use Basic auth with some permission
checks. But the permission check can be different from product to product;
so how about below options?

   - Introducing a security interceptor in carbon-auth level and a
   configuration via deployment.yaml
      - For the required APIs from carbon-auth which needs to be protected
      from Basic auth, we can introduce an interceptor which reads the config
      which contains permission mapping for all the required
carbon-auth APIs and
      intercepts requests and applies permission checks.
   - Keeping the security interceptor at the product level so each product
   can implement their own security interceptor.

Thanks!

--
Malintha Amarasinghe
*WSO2, Inc. - lean | enterprise | middleware*

Mobile : +94 712383306