Hi all,

I have tested whether we can create secure mqtt connection with DAS 3.1.0.

While configuring I got the error [1], then I set up secure transport for
MQTT Mosquito broker with SSL/TSL as in [3].

After the above configeration, then I faced the issue [2].

So, I have validated the certificate file with requested target
client_truststrore.jks file using the following command keytool -import
-alias server -file [path to .crt] -keystore [path to client-truststore.jks]

Then I was able to create secure mqtt connection. So we don't need to add
any implementation in mqtt receiver.

Follow the below steps to create a secure mqtt connection with DAS 3.1.0:

   - set the MQTT Mosquitto broker with SSL/TLS transport security
   configured [3].
   - validate the certificate file with requested target client
   truststrore.jks file using following command  keytool -import -alias server
   -file [path to .crt] -keystore [path to client-truststore.jks].

[1] ERROR
{org.wso2.carbon.event.input.adapter.mqtt.internal.util.MQTTAdapterListener}
-  MQTT Exception occurred when starting listener
    Unable to connect to server (32103) - java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused (Connection refused)
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.TCPNetworkModule.start(
TCPNetworkModule.java:75)
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.SSLNetworkModule.start(
SSLNetworkModule.java:77)
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$
ConnectBG.run(ClientComms.java:538)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
refused)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:
350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(
AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:
188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:668)
at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.TCPNetworkModule.start(
TCPNetworkModule.java:66)

[2] MqttException (0) - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
     sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

[3] http://rockingdlabs.dunmire.org/exercises-experiments/ssl-client-certs-
to-secure-mqtt

Regards,
Kalaiyarasi Ganeshalingam
Associate Software Engineer| WSO2
WSO2 Inc : http://wso2.org
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwso2.org&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE_eTDfyl2ibPcq0hcXvRDNVuQmMg>
Tel:+94 076 6792895 <+94%2076%20679%202895>
LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/kalaiyarasiganeshalingam
Blogs : https://kalaiyarasig.blogspot.com/ <http://kalai4.blogspot.com/>