Hi Kamidu/Madhawa,

 Can't we follow the same approach in windows as well, so we can expose the
same experience all whole EMM use case? WDYT?
+1, this need to be considered.

 In Android normally new policies are being added with each release. For an
example the Password Minimum Upper Case policy is only available with API
level 11 (Honeycomb) and above
We support API 17 upwards. However, as you said, new APIs do get added.

Therefore will this be an issue when we tried to create this consistency
between iOS and Android passcord policies?
What we can control is the common set of attributes that are there between
2 platforms. We need to make common attributes behave the same.

We can perform a version checks in the application, yet couldn't this
affect the consistency that we are going to create since an EMM server may
have devices with different Android versions?
We do have have version checks in Application currently and however, the
EMM admin need to have good amount of information on what is the policy he
can have based on the Android versions in the system and plan accordingly.
As the vendor, we need to make sure, when if a wrong policy is applied to a
unsupported device, thing perform without breaking. And unnecessary fields
are ignored.

Once an administrator enforced a passcord policy which can be either
*simple* or *alphanumeric, w*ill that affect my existing passcord which is
*1234a#*? Is the passcord policy is minimal strength check or does it check
for an exact match?
Android OS does the checking of if the users passcode ahreads to the policy
we have defined. In case you had a strong passcode policy and then reduced
the passcode strength has no effect on the current passcode. When the user
changes the passcode next time,he can set a weaker password.

"In iOS protocol, allow simple passcode means that the user is free to
enter just a pin or any passcode. However with Android currently, it must
be a alphanumeric value only." Can't we use PIN in Android now?
No. we cannot use PIN as this option is disabled due to the way the
passcode policies is currently implmented in the agent, it need to be
changed.

If Android does not allow numbers only or alphabetic characters only
passwords could we have the option isSimple for both Android and iOS?
Android allows this kind of passcode policy. However our implementation is
not designed to allow these.

Regards,
Inosh