Hi,

As we discussed in the meeting today[1] (19/03/2018), I modified the
summary log as follows.

{"Bulk User Import Operation Performed by":"admin","User
Store":"PRIMARY","Duplicate Users":{"Duplicate User Count":8,"User
Names":[{"Name":"name1"},{"Name":"name2"},{"Name":"name74"},
{"Name":"name3"},{"Name":"name3"},{"Name":"name"},{"
Name":"name83"},{"Name":"name5"}]},"Failed Users":{"Failed User
Count":2,"Failed Users List":[{"Name":"namsdsa","Cause":"Invalid claim uri
has been provided: http://wso2.org/claims/ctry"},
{"Name":"name2ssss","Cause":"Invalid claim uri has been provided:
http://wso2.org/claims/emaiaddress"}]}}

And also, we discussed to log the bulk user import summary to the audit
logs in the following format.

Initiator : admin@carbon.super | Action : Add Role | Target : admin | Data
:  {} | Result

The data section will contain the importing user list. As in the
documentation, we support importing a maximum of 500,000 users at a time.
So, considering the worse case scenario, if we log these users as well, it
will eat up the storage very quickly and cause in threat conditions.

So IMO, we do not need to log users that are being imported. Also with the
Megala's feature [2], as the information is also being logged, I think it's
enough if we only log the result of the operation with Initiator, Action
and the Target values.

WDYT?

[1]  [IAM] [Discussion] Bulk User Import Improvements
[2] Discussion on Improving Audit logs Related with User Management

Thanks and Regards,
Menaka

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Dimuthu Leelarathne <dimut...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Menaka Jayawardena <men...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> @Denuwanthi: Yes. It can be done. Please find the summery below.
>>
>> SUMMERY :
>>     Bulk User Import Operation Performed by: admin
>>     User Store  : PRIMARY
>>     Duplicate user count : 8
>> .
>>

>> *UI Message Modification.*
>>
>> Currently, if an error occurred in the process of performing the Bulk
>> User Import Operation, the following Error message will be shown.
>>
>> *Error occurs while importing usernames. All usernames were not imported.
>> Last error was : Invalid claim uri has been provided:
>> http://wso2.org/claims/emaiaddress <http://wso2.org/claims/emaiaddress>*
>>
>> But there are multiple errors (Duplicate user etc). In this case, I think
>> it's better if we show a more generic error with a brief summery and direct
>> them to view the log file for more information.
>>
>> For an example:
>> Bulk User Import Completed with Errors.
>> Success user count: x  Duplicate user count: y  Failed user count: z
>> Please check the user import log for more detailed information.
>>

> +1
>
> And in the detail log we can log errors and duplicates.
>
> thanks,
> Dimuthu
>

>> Any ideas, suggestions are highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Menaka
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Denuwanthi De Silva <denuwan...@wso2.com
>> > wrote:

>>> Hi Menaka,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to print the user domain in the summary as well? Then the
>>> information of the  userstore the users were imported will be available as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

>>> --
>>> Denuwanthi De Silva
>>> Senior Software Engineer;
>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com,
>>> Email: denuwan...@wso2.com
>>> Blog: https://denuwanthi.wordpress.com/
>>>

>> --
>> *Menaka Jayawardena*
>> *Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc*
>> *Tel : 071 350 5470 <071%20350%205470>*
>> *LinkedIn: https://lk.linkedin.com/in/menakajayawardena
>> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/menakajayawardena>*
>> *Blog: https://menakamadushanka.wordpress.com/
>> <https://menakamadushanka.wordpress.com/>*
>>

> --
> Dimuthu Leelarathne
> Director, Rapid Response Team
>
> WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
> email: dimut...@wso2.com
> Mobile: +94773661935 <+94%2077%20366%201935>
> Blog: http://muthulee.blogspot.com
>
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

--
*Menaka Jayawardena*