Hi all,

As I'm going through the specifications, I came across following problems.

   - The above diagram shows Login Response binding with SAML art. There
   are other aspects of this as well such as Login Request Binding, Logout
   Request Binding, etc. Below diagram shows both login request and response
   bound with SAML art.

[image: image.png]
               Question is, which should we do first. I think login
response binding is better, to begin with.

   - IDP has to store a reference to the artifact so that it can respond
   with the SAML assertion to the SP. We can either generate the assertion and
   store it completely in the database and send that, or we can generate and
   send the assertion once the artifact is received. What should be the best
   method?
   - Should we keep a status about the artifact and assertion in our DB? If
   yes, what are the use cases?
   - What should happen if an artifact is sent again by someone after the
   assertion is issued? The spec says the following but I didn't see any
   specific instruction on what to do.
   - *"It is RECOMMENDED that artifact receivers also enforce a single-use
      semantic on the artifact values they receive, to prevent an attacker from
      interfering with the resolution of an artifact by a user agent and then
      re-submitting it to the artifact receiver. If an attempt to resolve an
      artifact does not complete successfully, the artifact SHOULD be
placed into
      a blocked artifact list for a period of time that exceeds a reasonable
      acceptance period during which the artifact issuer would resolve the
      artifact."*

Please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Regards,
Vihanga.