API Manager Team,

I was thinking about $subject and it seems this is something we've never
discussed extensively in architecture. However I know some customers who
have asked for this. But I don't think we have consensus on what the proper
user experience should be in API Manager. At least I am not sure on that.

So the question is how do we allow different authentication sequences for
different *type* of applications? The reason for highlighting "type" here
is because I don't think practically we need to be able to configure
individual authentication sequences for each application. However, what we
should be able to do is select a pre-configured (by admin) and available
(available for the particular developer based on authorization policy)
authentication sequence for his/her application.

There was a recent development by IAM Team on related $subject [1]. I was
thinking this was a good time to clarify what is the view of the API
Manager Team, and if something from [1] can be integrated/used.

[1] "[Architecture] [IAM] Service Provider Template Support" in
architecture@wso2.org

Thanks & Regards,
Johann.

--
*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby* | Associate Director/Solutions Architect |
WSO2 Inc.