On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 10:49 AM Amali Matharaarachchi <ama...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> I think apimVersion should always have a value. Each release should have
>> its default.
>>
>> restVersion only comes in handy if we want to use a microgateway with an
>> APIM version that was released after the microgateway was released. This is
>> the only use case where we will not know how to derive the Rest API version
>> from the respective APIM version.
>>

> Noted. Thank you.
>
> How are we going to derive the Rest API version? Do we keep a mapping
>> between the APIM version and the Rest API version in the microgateway code
>> level? If so, do not we need to modify the microgateway code after each
>> APIM release?
>>

> Yes. We keep a map for APIM and REST version. In the case of a new APIM
> release, it is not a must to update that mapping, since we give the user
> the flexibility to mention the REST version manually. However, if we can
> update the map after each new APIM release it is more desired. But I am
> afraid it is not practical.
>
> Yes it would be great if we can do this after each APIM release, my
concern also was how practical that is. At least we can consider updating
the mapping in new microgateway releases. For the new APIM releases, if we
are not going to update the microgateway mapping, then we need to clearly
mention that in the docs. Otherwise, the users will get confuse as they
expect the same behaviour for all the APIM releases.

Thanks,
Naduni