Hi All,

I stumbled upon one of Roy Fielding tweets -
https://twitter.com/fielding/status/376835835670167552 :)

and started digging bit on api versioning. Right now we encourage API-M
users to make API versions explicit in the API URI. which means a sample
URI is /{context}/{version}/{resource}

example: /pizzahut/v1/order

however this is not the best option. We are gateway providers, IMO we
should give options.

some good alternatives are allow API developers to use headers to
communicate version info like

GET /pizzahut/order
Accept: application/vnd.pizza.order.v1+json

or something similar.

I know we can handle custom headers in mediation, but we should provide
this by default, maybe provide that as the default option rather than URL
based explicit option.

Some good reading - https://www.mnot.net/blog/2012/12/04/api-evolution.html

Regards,
/Nuwan

--

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Nuwan Bandara | Director - **Solutions Architecture,  WSO2 Inc.*