Hi Asela,

As of now I see 2 potential use cases for scope mappings.

1. There are two different RPs in an organization which are accessed by a
partner. The application is configured for OpenID Connect delegated
authentication with WSO2 IS in the organization and WSO2 IS is configured
for OpenID Connect federation with the partner's in-house OP. The two RPs
need to consume different set of attributes of the user from the partner
OP. In this case scope mapping is needed to request attributes from
federated OP.

2. An application or api gateway or micro-service in the partner domain
calls into our API gateway which is protected by OAuth2 in WSO2 IS. WSO2 IS
is configured for token delegation to accept the partner's scoped access
tokens and exchange it to our own scoped access tokens. In this case scope
mapping is needed to issue access tokens with the corresponding restricted
set of scopes.

Thanks & Regards,
Johann.