Hi,
I also think since this is a major release it is a good time to move 3.0.0
however if we think from users perspective we should consider the however
not supporting 2.0 would effect. If we are planning on supporting a
conversion between 2.0 to 3.0 then definitely +1 for this.

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:08 PM Malintha Amarasinghe <malint...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM Thilini Shanika <thili...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, we can change the default version of a newly created API to OAS
>>> 3.0.0. However, the API creator is allowed to pick the OAS version(OAS 2 or
>>> 3) of the API during API creation time. Are you suggesting to remove the
>>> default support for OAS 2.0(For newly designed APIs)?
>>>
>> Yes, my suggestion is, if a user doesn't have an OAS definition, generate
>> an OAS 3 definition for them. If they have an OAS definition, allowing them
>> to import OAS 2 or 3 definition. So we will maintain the same OAS version
>> afterward.
>>

> I also think this would be okay. If anyone wants to stick with OAS 2.0,
> they have an import OAS 2.0 option.
> Maintaining two different API designers at UI level would not be good in
> terms of maintenance. We would one day anyway have to move to the designer
> to 3.0.0 as we did for 1.2 -> 2.0 in the past. Since this is a major
> release, this is a good time to do it as Pubudu said. @Rukshan Premathunga
> <ruks...@wso2.com>,  if we move to 3.0.0, can we completely remove the UI
> designer code used for 2.0 and keep only 3.0.0 related code?
>
> Thanks!
>

> When new API is created from an OAS 2 or 3, we can create from the same

>>> --
>>> Thilini Shanika
>>> Associate Technical Lead
>>> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>> 20, Palmgrove Avenue, Colombo 3
>>>

>> --
>> Rukshan C. Premathunga | Associate Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
>> (m) +94711822074 | (w) +94112145345 | Email: ruks...@wso2.com
>> GET INTEGRATION AGILE
>> Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business
>>

> --
> Malintha Amarasinghe
> *WSO2, Inc. - lean | enterprise | middleware*
> http://wso2.com/
>
> Mobile : +94 712383306

Best Regards
Dushan Silva