Hi all,

I am working on the $subject which includes a global view to see all the
API scopes created and attached to each API resource. The plan is to add
this capability to API Publisher Portal. As for the initial phase, we will
only create a read-only view of the scopes similar to the below
work-in-progress UI design.
[image: scope.png]

>From the second phase onwards, we will improve the above design as we are
planning to add support for managing global scopes and providing support
for multiple scopes for API resources. When supporting the management of
global scopes in the same view, we need to consider a way to separate the
API specific scopes and global scopes. Hence appreciate your
comments/suggestions to improve the above UI design.

The following resource will be added to the Publisher REST API to load the
scope details for the read-only UI.

# The "Scopes" resource APIs

  /scopes

#-------------------------------------------------------------

# Retrieve the scopes list

#-------------------------------------------------------------

    get:

      security:

        - OAuth2Security:

          - apim:api_view

      summary: Get the list of scopes

        200:

            OK.

            Scope list is returned.

          schema:

            $ref: '#/definitions/ScopeList'

          headers:

                The content type of the body.

              type: string

        500:

           schema:

            $ref: '#/definitions/Error'

#-----------------------------------------------------
# The Scope resource
#-----------------------------------------------------
  Scope :
    title: Scope
    properties:
      name:
        type: string
          name of Scope
        example: apim:api_view
        type: string
          description of Scope
        example: 'This Scope can be used to view Apis'
      bindings:
        properties:
          type:
            type: string
              Type of binding role / permission
          values:
            type: array
            items:
              type: string

      apiResourceBindings:

type: array

items:
        properties:

          name:
            type: string
          version:
            type: string

          provider:
            type: string

          resources:
            type: array

            items:
              type: string

#-----------------------------------------------------

# The Scope List resource
#-----------------------------------------------------
  ScopeList:
    title: Scope List
    properties:
      count:
        type: integer
          The number of Scopes returned.
        example: 1
      list:
        type: array
        items:
          $ref: '#/definitions/Scope'

Appreciate any comments/feedback on this.

Thanks

*Dushani Wellappili*
Senior Software Engineer - WSO2

Email : dusha...@wso2.com