Hi all,

According to the recent discussions we've had, we have modified the initial
DB design as follows.

   - Remove the FK constraint on SCOPE_ID, as it would be easy when
   decoupling API-M from IS components in the future.
   - Add a UUID for Global Scopes to support REST APIs

AM_GLOBAL_SCOPE
     SCOPE_ID INTEGER NOT NULL,
     TENANT_ID INTEGER DEFAULT -1,
     UUID VARCHAR (256)

In addition, the following points are highlighted which we need to
discuss further.

   - The management of scopes can be done in the Publisher Portal and it
   would make more sense if move it to the same UI view of APIs as scopes are
   straightly attached to APIs.
   - With the above design of global scopes, there will be no way to
   differentiate global and local scopes from the swagger. Hence, if the
   global scope - role bindings are updated after publishing the API, the role
   changes will not be reflected when validating API requests using Basic
   Auth. In such cases, we need to republish the APIs.
   - Currently, we do not support adding local scopes with the same name
   for different APIs. Hence, other than using local scopes to restrict the
   use of the same for other APIs, there would not be any difference between
   local and global scopes.
   - If we are removing local scope support, we need to migrate the
   existing local scopes of previous versions to global. In migration, we need
   to add the existing scope_ids and tenant_ids to the AM_GLOBAL_SCOPE table
   with new UUIDs.

Thanks

*Dushani Wellappili*
Senior Software Engineer - WSO2

Email : dusha...@wso2.com
Mobile : +94779367571
Web : https://wso2.com/

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:19 AM Dushani Wellappili <dusha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>>             Not Found.
>>>             Requested Global Scope does not exist.
>>>           schema:
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Error'
>>>

>>> #-------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> # Update a global scope
>>>
>>> #-------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>     put:
>>>
>>>       security:
>>>
>>>         - OAuth2Security:
>>>
>>>           - apim:global_scope_manage
>>>
>>>       summary: Update an API

>>>         This operation can be used to update an existing Global Scope.
>>>
>>>       parameters:
>>>
>>>         - $ref: '#/parameters/scopeId'
>>>
>>>         - in: body
>>>
>>>           name: body

>>>             Scope object that needs to be updated
>>>
>>>           required: true
>>>
>>>           schema:
>>>
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Scope'

>>>         200:

>>>             OK.
>>>
>>>             Successful response with updated Scope object
>>>
>>>           schema:
>>>
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Scope'
>>>
>>>           headers:

>>>                 The content type of the body.
>>>
>>>               type: string
>>>
>>>         400:

>>>             Bad Request.
>>>
>>>             Invalid request or validation error
>>>
>>>           schema:
>>>
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Error'
>>>
>>>         404:

>>>             Not Found.
>>>
>>>             The resource to be updated does not exist.
>>>
>>>           schema:
>>>
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Error'
>>>

>>> #-----------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> # Delete the definition of an API
>>>
>>> #-----------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>     delete:
>>>
>>>       security:
>>>
>>>         - OAuth2Security:
>>>
>>>           - apim:global_scope_manage
>>>
>>>       summary: Delete an API

>>>         This operation can be used to delete an existing Global Scope
>>> proving the Id of the scope.
>>>
>>>       parameters:
>>>
>>>         - $ref: '#/parameters/scopeId

>>>         200:

>>>             OK.
>>>
>>>             Resource successfully deleted.
>>>
>>>         404:

>>>             Not Found.
>>>
>>>             Resource to be deleted does not exist.
>>>
>>>           schema:
>>>
>>>             $ref: '#/definitions/Error'
>>>
>>> *FLOW*
>>>
>>> 1. A privileged user/administrative user logs into Publisher Portal and
>>> creates a global scope providing name, description and role bindings.
>>> 2. Upon checking whether the scope key is not duplicated in the
>>> IDN_OAUTH2_SCOPE table, this scope will be added to the IDN_OAUTH2_SCOPE,
>>> IDN_OAUTH2_SCOPE2_BINDING and AM_GLOBAL_SCOPE tables.
>>> 3. An API developer creates an API and visits the resources page. The
>>> list of scopes to add per resource is populated using the per-API scopes
>>> from the API object and from the "GET /global-scopes" backend service call.
>>> 4. The developer selects a set of global/per-API scopes for the
>>> resource. The swagger is updated with the scopes list and resource scope