Hi all,

We are in the process of implementing a side panel help guide in the dev
portal which will show a preview of related documents to the user as he
navigates through the dev portal. More info on this can be found in [1].

Originally we thought to use Github REST API to retrieve the docs and its
sitemap. However when accessing the Github API, it has a rate limit of 60
requests per hour for unauthenticated requests [2].

We had a discussion with the team and as a solution to this limitation, we
decided to introduce a new server API. In the API we will use OAuth based
authentication to Github which increases the rate limit to to 5000
requests/hour.

Following will be the notations of the new API

** GET api/server/v1/docs/sitemap*
This will return the entire sitemap for WSO2 Documentation. If it is
required to retrieve the sitemap for a particular portal, we have added the
support to specify it in a query param.
E.g.

*api/server/v1/docs/sitemap?portal=Dev+Portal*

** POST api/server/v1/docs*
This will be the API to retrieve docs. Here we need to pass any key
retrieved from the sitemap in the request body, in-order to retrieve the
document corresponding to that key.

Highly appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

[1] "[Iam-dev] [Dev Portal] [UX] Side panel design for the WSO2 Identity
Server Developer Portal"
[2] https://developer.github.com/v3/#rate-limiting

Thanks,
Sathya