On 22/10/2007, at 2:02 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

Can you wrap this into a profile?

I thought about that, but the idea is to have it by default so that if I forget an option I get a sensible default. Otherwise, I accidentally hose my actual "production" install on the same machine by the appearance of ~/.m2/archiva.xml

Like we do for the mysql / postgres options?
This makes testing large repositories rather difficult, as I have to reconfigure every time now.

I use -Dappserver.base=/path/to/other-install, but only when I need to test the other data. Do you need to test a large repository every time you test the webapp?

It also appears that this is showing up in the standalone plexus application, making user level configuration impossible that way too.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here?

I'm happy to roll it back if it's inconveniencing anyone else, I just wanted to go for the safer option by default.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]