Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
Maria Odea Ching wrote:
The outline looks good to me (yay 1.0!)

Time for a mexican wave...

     \o\ \o/ /o/

I just have a few questions/suggestions here:
- I assume that the proxying would fall under the "Using Archiva as a *****
Repository" sections?

Actually, the section for Proxy Connectors is the place for that.
I think we need to be careful how we use the word "proxy" in our
documentation and be clear when we refer to "proxy connector" vs
"network proxy", as they are 2 separate concepts both with the word "proxy".

- I think  we should also include Reporting/Reports in the Users Guide

Reporting, yeah!  I knew I forgot something! doh!

- On the "Consumers" section, maybe we could also put an example on how to
create your own consumer and plug it into Archiva? I remember doing a
separate consumer to demonstrate how this can be done (it's in the
archiva-sandbox).

That sounds like 2 concepts.  One documenting their purpose (in the
system admin user guide) and another documenting how to create a
consumer (more appropriate in the hacking / building documents).  wdyt?

Yep, that seems better :)
If you need some hands with the documentation, I'd be glad to help :)

Help.  Yes!  Much appreciated.
I'll be getting the outline committed and the individual pages stubbed
out as soon as possible.
Any help should be easy at that point, as there should be be a clear
place / scope defined / for the documentation.

Thanks,
Deng

No ... Thank you!

- Joakim