Hi to the developement team,

I've tried using Archiva inside an enterprise network. But I got a problem
to pass through a HTTP proxy with user authentication.
So I configured a network proxy (a lot of times ;-) ) but no results. The
proxy configuration seemed to be never used.

Finally, to resolve this problem, I needed to replace the dependency (in
archiva webapp) "*wagon-http-lightweight-1.0-beta-2*" by the more powerful "
*wagon-http-1.0-beta-2*".

This one makes use of common-http-client that provides full configuration of
network http proxy instead of the "native" environment properties
http.proxy*
Now the network connections work gracefully with http proxy with or without
user authentication.

Could you consider replacing those dependencies in archiva, the way I've
done ?
I think that I won't be the only one to have the problem.

So I wil go on using the archiva repository. In my team, we were using
maven-proxy, and were looking for a much advanced one for a while. Thx to
all.

Julien.

P.S. : in the META-INF/plexus/components.xml of the
wagon-http-lightweight-1.0-beta-2, I think there is an error for the
"implementation" value of the "role-hint" *https* :
should be
*org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpsWagon*
instead of
*org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon*