MVNII-14 was closed as "Won't fix"
The central POM is a converted from m1 POM, jPox also has a valid POM in SVN

That also shows that the m1 -> m2 pom conversion doesn't work well and
produces invalid POMs.
Maybe this process should be enhance to validate the converted POM before
deployment, and maybe slip it if non convertible.

Nico.