On 26/02/2008, at 1:46 AM, nicolas de loof wrote:

On plexus XML descriptors, the <field-name> seems to be optional...  (
CacheFailuresTransferTest.xml)

Yes, I think it will attempt to guess based on the interface type if there is only one.

This makes things more complex on the spring side. Is this a common use case
or can we live without this feature ?

If that's not doable, can we throw an unsupported exception if it's not given?

I've found the bug in archiva-proxy CacheFailuresTransferTest : there was some plexus to spring mistakes, but the final issue is the requirement on RepositoryContentFactory for the Contextualizable interface, and direct
access to the PlexusContainer.

I plan to create a PlexusContainerAdapter to expose Spring beans

Nicolas.