Hi Rahul,

All right, i understand better, it's a matter of taste :-) and accessibility. If it's the choice of the community, it's fine, and it will be exciting to use Spring in order to follow Archiva development...
Best regards,

Rahul Thakur a écrit :

OK, this is just my personal opinion:

I think choice of Spring OSGi is influenced by a few things:
1) Archiva is looking to garner more contributions from the community. Moving to Spring would, IMO, definately lessen the learning curve. There is a comprehensive documentation and large user base who work with Spring. Regards choice of Spring DM for OSGi, you might want to have a look here: http://static.springframework.org/osgi/docs/1.0/reference/html/why-spring-dm.html

2) Plexus is good but not as comprehensively documented. (I admit I haven't sustained in doing my bit with the documentation there).

3) May be others can chip with their thoughts on Modello. But I think Modello could be dropped by using JPA annotations for the data model.

Cheers,
Rahul

Ludovic Maitre wrote:
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your answer,

Carlos Sanchez a écrit :
spring has good integration with OSGi to enable Spring beans to be
OSGi services.

Yes, i'm aware that this integration exist and i've read a couple of
meetings reports related to it on the Equinox wiki, but why bother with
the complicated Spring xml descriptors (well for me i admit that i
haven't tried Spring since v1.2 iirc), is there any need in Archiva
which is not adressed by OSGi (Felix/Sling for instance) + Modello ? I'm
wondering what are the benefits of Spring (even with OSGi integration)
regarding the current Plexus architecture or an alternative architecture
based on some OSGi layer, which features does bring Spring which are not
implemented in the other frameworks (including modello) ?
Best regards, thanks for your time,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Ludovic Maitre